The British Theatre Dance Association, established in 1972, hold many competitions for aspiring performers. Most recently, they held the British Theatre Dance Association Festival at the Harris Academy in Rainham, Essex. New Hall School’s Dance team were fortunate enough to take part in the prestigious competition, achieving an outstanding 50 medals and 8 trophies across a range of different dance styles.
A special mention must go to the trophy winners, who were awarded special recognition from the adjudicator during the final presentation evening:
- Clara Molina and Harriet Rogers (Year 3) were awarded the highest Junior Character Duet Award.
- Lois Dennison and Nancy Warn (Year 5 & 6) were awarded the highest inter Character Duet Award.
- Darcie Meechan (Year 8) was awarded the highest Tap Solo Award.
- Lois Dennison (Year 6) was awarded highest Song and Dance Solo Award.
- Lois Dennison (Year 6) was awarded the Junior Cabaret Aggregate award for Modern, Tap and Song and dance results.
- Bosco Chiu (Year 13) was awarded the Most Promising Senior Dancer.
- Bethany Stockton and Felicity Jeffrey (Year 10) were awarded the highest Senior Duet Award.
- Smoke on the Water – was awarded the second-highest group award.
Click here for a full list of results.
Alongside a successful academic programme, New Hall School provides excellent facilities and training for budding sports stars and fantastic music and performing arts provision. The Catholic boarding and day school for students aged 1-18 has a distinctive ‘diamond model structure’ and a strong ethos of pastoral care, which supports students in their endeavours, allowing them to achieve success in a wide variety of fields.
The New Hall Dance Team with their awards