New Hall has a strong tradition of academic success. This has been achieved through a combination of excellent teaching, superb facilities and a strong pastoral care system that enables each student to achieve his or her true potential. Our Thomas More Sixth Form Centre provides the perfect learning environment.
There are many features that make New Hall Sixth Form distinctive:
- Smaller classes and tutor groups, taught by A Level specialists, with a more adult style of teaching and learning
- Dedicated communal facilities, such as the study rooms and common room in the St Thomas More Sixth Form Centre
- A wide range of A Level subjects
- The Extended Project offered to all New Hall students
- A broad core curriculum that continues to develop your interests and skills beyond the A Level specifications; this includes PE, LAMDA and Menu for Life
- Omega, a specialist Oxbridge preparation programme, with recent successes including 2015/2016 offers from Oxford for Classics and Law, and from Cambridge for Medicine, History, Classics, Social and Political Sciences.
- A specialist university preparation programme, including applications for Medicine and Law courses
- A specialist careers programme
- A varied and rich co-curricular activities programme
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills in a range of roles available only to Sixth Form students
- Opportunities to prepare for the transition from school to Higher Education, with a dress code and individual study periods to develop independent learning
- The New Hall Voluntary Service (NHVS) programme which supports the social and moral development of students